Thursday 18 November 2010

Wish you knew.

You know what I want you to be?
My best friend.
That's what I want the most.
That in five years time we'll still make fun of each other.
In ten years time, we'll still confide in each other.
And fifty years later, we'll still be together.
Cause that's what we both need and feverishly hope for.
A shoulder to lean on during the hardest time, the honest truth no matter how deep it hurts, the unexplainable bursts of laughter shared together and the silence cherished in the company of another.

Because of you, I held back to the final thread of my belief in a best friend.
The belief that I long abandoned 9 years back.
A belief that I had no faith in.
But it's because of you, I place my remaining trust, of what's left of it in the belief of a best friend.

The one and only relationship I pray with all my might is that we become the best of friends for the rest of our lives.

It might seem like a silly request or a pretentious wish to some but I mean it with all my heart.

No comments: