Saturday 2 October 2010

Barely alive.

As I stared at her, I wondered aloud, "Who is that girl I'm strangely attached to?"
In my heart, I knew that I have known her for years but questions kept flooding my mind.
It can't be true. I don't know her.
Do I?
Everything about her is so familiar. She feels just like home, somewhere you know you'll be safe and somewhere you store your most treasured memories that fills up the empty crevices of a house.
But, at the same time, you feel distant. Like you just stepped into a stranger's house and you are feeling lost. The feeling that you get when you desperately yearn for home overwhelms you and stops you in your tracks.
This was what I felt when I stared at the girl, contemplating my thoughts.
Her features are distinctively etched in my mind, the way her hair has a mind of it's own curling through it's ends and the way she smiles, warming your ice-cold heart as you catch a glimpse of her.
I came to a conclusion that I know this girl. Deep down in my heart, I knew her, right from the beginning.
But now, right now, I no longer know her. I used to think I do but I doubt I really do.
I knew the girl I used to know. Now, I no longer know the girl I used to know.
We both look very alike with the same physical structure but we're not the same inside. We no longer are anymore.
We became two separate people. The past I-used-to-know-you and the present I-don't-know-you-anymore.


No comments: