Monday 14 January 2008

Interview.

I was picked to be a 'calon' prefect last Wednesday.
Totally unexpected since I'm not that goody-goody two shoes and I do break rules.
I can even be a fugitive from the law. Well, a person who believes that law is meant to be broken is definitely surprised when she got picked.

Today was the interview. Part of me was freaking out while the other part was really confident and poised. There were two sides of me fighting against one another.
I guess the freaking out part won though it was a close one. At 2pm, we gathered near the discipline room and sat there. Katherine called out names and those whose names were called were allowed to go for a break.

There was very little time to eat. Some of us did not eat while the others just stuff everything in their mouth. After that, we had to trudge all the way up to the fourth floor. Well, most people walked but I trudged. I sat between Amelia and Soo Jean. They started calling names, five at a time, starting with the form 1's. Amelia and her brother was called the earliest. Maybe cause they were rushing back or something. While we waited, Amelia and I talked. Then she was called. I was left with Soo Jean.

I forgot who was Marcus and who was Jun Kit. I confused Amelia. Sorry. You know I can't remember names. Only faces.

I sat there for an hour with everyone else in Form 2, 3 and 4.
Rebecca came out and another girl traded places with the guy. She was teasing us, saying Peter couldn't be a prefect and said Ming had the potential. San was up to his remarks, humoring all of us. Rebecca gave us same advise and the tension in the air was gone. When my name was called, Rebecca called me Jarrel. I have absolutely no idea what happened. I could hear what San was saying.

You won't believe it but I ENJOYED the interview. Can you believe it?
I had fun during the interview. I truly enjoyed it. I was nervous. I won't say what happened during the interview as I'll keep it to myself. It was half hilarious, half nerve biting and entertaining. I didn't expect it to be like that.

I don't think I will get choose to be a probate. I wasn't confident enough.
That doesn't bothers me though. I'll swallow my pride and try again next year. At least I had the courage to try and I did all I was capable of. Good Luck to all of you. Best of luck. It's definitely an experience for all of us. If you don't get to be one, don't get disappointed, try again next year. It's not the end of the world. Focus on something else instead. There's always something else in life to pursue. For me, if I actually get to be one, it's an added bonus and I'll be thankful to God.

Frankly, I won't mind sitting for another interview if it's the same people.


p.s Xun Kin, if you're reading this, I remembered what you said. *smiles*

p.p.s Matthew, I'm so coming after you. I'll be your scariest, meanest stalker you've ever had.

Till more interviews, kind deeds and foolish acts.

2 comments:

Mia said...

You are the weirdest person that ever existed!!! You actually enjoyed the interview???
I was a bunch of nerves sitting on tenterhooks before my interview!!! It was a wonder they picked me, but it wasn’t a wonder that they picked you.

Kelly K. said...

Hey, thanks.
You're not the first person to say I'm weird.I doubt you'll be the last.
It's obvious they'll pick you. The eccentric, perfectionist you.I didn't think I'll pass the interview. Should I rejoice or weep in sorrow?