Wednesday 22 December 2010

It's late.

And my thoughts start drifting towards you subconsciously till I become fully aware that I'm thinking about you.
How did I end up in that train of thought?
It me only a few seconds to
answer myself.
Our conversations used to stretch long till this late.
And I will always go to bed wracking my head to a rebuttal to your statements.
Or to simply think of the philosophical thoughts you shared.
Then I would look forward to sharing mine with yours the following day.
And sometimes we would babysit the other when one had to stay up late to complete a task.

You help me through some very dark, angst ridden times. I can't deny that I'm totally out from it and I won't.
I was there for you when you were going through yours.
And I wanted to always be there for you no matter what.

But so much has changed over the course of years of friendship.
The stakes went way too high for us to even imagine.
We knew one another too personally.
And now distance has kept us far apart.
We can be terrified or angry and frustrated all we want but all those years of us being friends, sharing everything and nothing together, no one can take those memories away from us.

All I want to say out loud is that I miss you so much. It hurts. That's enough said.

Tonight I will sleep with a smile on my face as I think about you in my heart. Take care my dear friend. One day, we'll be back together creating chaos for one another.

No comments: