Thursday 17 December 2009

Whatever it is that makes you happy.

"When so many are lonely, as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish, to be lonely alone. - Tennessee Williams.

I like that quote. I simply do.

Though I'm content doing stuff alone, it never hurt to have company around.

I guess the thought of having someone there for you is rather comforting.

Do I dare call myself a loner? Maybe. Sometimes.

It doesn't hurt either. Especially on days when I just want to be alone with myself.


Several weeks ago, someone chanced upon my Ipod and listened to the songs that I was currently listening to.

The response that I got was, "Are all you're songs that depressing?"

That, got me thinking.

Yea, you could listen to my choice of music and put them under the genre, depressing.

But, the thing is, to me, my music isn't depressing. In fact, to me, it's the opposite. Really.

It actually comforts me. It tells me that its okay to be feel a little sad or scared or even alone and that I'm not the only one feeling that way. And that's part of being alive.


I don't know what that says about me because I find comfort in a little sadness.

Once in a while.

I doubt it makes me a morose person. I'm just comforted that way. That's all.


Now, here's a guy that's worth mentioning. Mike Bailey Gates.

Do you have the wish within you that someday you could meet a really famous superstar or a movie star that you admired or adored? When I was younger, I knew a lot of people who did. Back then, I didn't share the same enthusiasm of wanting that wish to be granted because I simply didn't have one.

Now, if I had the opportunity to meet and spend a day with someone, just for a day, it would be no superstar, it would simply be Mike.

Whenever I come across his pictures, I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from them.

When you stop and take a look at his pictures one by one and really see it for what it's worth, you're just left standing there in your tracks, speechless.

This thing, called talent, that he has, I wished I could steal from him. It's worth that much.

So, if you have a chance, click on him and give his pictures or what I would call masterpieces' a try.

And, if you don't get the same feeling as I have, it's okay.

Someday, someone will have that effect on you.

But if Mike's pictures failed to astound you, you're missing something great.

I just hope that one day, you'll find the person who will.

Cause so far only 3 people have made it up to my list.

3 special people whose talent is theirs to own.

3 astounding people whose pictures just takes my breath away.

I hope you'll find one yourself someday.



This picture ain't by me. I grabbed it off the Internet.

But it's meaningful to me. That's how I think you should perceive a picture.

By not just looking at it but seeing it for what it is.


This post is long. Sort of.

I guess it makes up for some things.

I didn't know I had so much within me. I just hadn't feel the urge to express it out.

Maybe I did today. A small part anyway.


Till then.


P.S. Spongebob Squarepants pasta looks really cute but taste awful. Make sure you got that noted.


P.S.S. If you read from top to bottom, without skipping a single line, congratulations, give yourself a pat in the back. Cause you deserve it. I know its really 'wordy' but hey, it's for me to read so you don't have to read if you don't want to.


No comments: