Wednesday 16 July 2008

Cheer 2008


*DUUSH*
Jin Yuen or Cloud. My prissy but lovable flyer.

Day 1

Woke up around 6.30 am. We were suppose to be at school by 6.30 for make-up and all. But as usual, we, Malaysians are always fashionably late. I thought I will be the last to reach school. When I reached school, it was unusually quiet. Only a few people were there. Plopped myself down on a seat, stood up again and put on my tights. The other cheerleaders in my team slowly milled in as one by one come. It was a flurry of excitement and nervousness for everyone. I'll fast-forward to when we reached the stadium. A few teams were there already. After settling down, we went and warmed out for a while till it was time for us to measure our skirts. The guys from Sri KDU, Stunners were looking at us. Just a random saying cause I remember that.

I wouldn't really want to go all long and windy about the day as I always do in my post. But the frist day was better than my second day. The whole day, I felt like I was in a bubble. Nothing out there could stop me. We were the eighth to perform. We were all jittery and all. However, once on the mat, everything changed. It's true after all. Everything changes when you're up. I did clash into Vish and my stunt group did not go up during the flower stunt because I was late. However, we were behind so it wasn’t that obvious. We continue right after that with the other three stunt teams. I fell during walk-over. I guess it's my most horrible-st tumbling. Oh, well.. I did double cartwheels instead of cartwheel, round-off but Lai Hong and I did the same so it was as though we planned. The first day was fabulous for me eventhough we had only a handful of supporters.

When Jien and the other guy announced the top 15 teams, all my team members were holding on to one another. All of us were hoping that we would be in. Jien continued down to the last two teams remaining. Nadia was already in tears, I was ready to accept the fact when suddenly our team was announced. I screamed and jumped like mad. We made the most noise. You won't know how unbelievably happy we were!

I gathered all my courage and went up to Cheng Sim. I introduced myself and told her that we were from the same kindergarten. I'm glad I did cause if I did not, I wouldn't have met a great person. And it was all thanks to Gwen who gave me all the courage. Thanks Gwennie poo...
Gwen and I were super duper hyper in the bus during the journey back to school. You won't want to know what we did. I'm tempted to post it here. I really am. But who knows what Gwen will do to me when I do that. Yikes!

Day 2

As usual, there was only a few of us in school. We had an hour practice. Since we were the 34th or 30 something team to perform, we needn't get ready that early. We decided to add one new stunt so we practiced for about an hour. The supporters left with the bus. Around 8am, we left the school. Our teachers sent us to the stadium and by the time we arrived, the stadium was packed like sardines. To be frank, the second day was horrible compared to the first day. I felt very insecure and down. I don’t have much to say except that my team did worse on the second day compared to the first day. But it’s all over now, so I’ll get on with it. Congratulations, SHIRTLIFF! You guys deserved it.

We cried after we finished performing. Two of our stunts did not get up. The crucial thing was our pyramid. It came crashing down. Total disappointment. Might as well, drop a bomb on us. Cheng Sim was awesome. She hugged me real hard, comforted me and said I did well. Her words managed to comfort me. Miss Zaireen was also there for me. She put her arms around me and told me that it was ok. I was sobbing and out of breath. Slowly, I caught up with reality.

I met Zhen Yie, from HAC and Shawn from 4.12 Revolution. It was fun meeting them after some time. I learnt a lot from everything I had been through. I’m glad I did. Sure, I do regret a few things but that’s life. There are always ups and downs. So get on with it. I did. And it feels way much better.

It's picture time. Sit in and indulge.



Mushroom head, Opps.. I mean Samuel.


Gwennie.


Lai Hong.


Gwen & Ai-vee. Thanks for coming!


Gwen. There's still glitter on my face.


Li Ean.


Yee Teng.


The professional make-up artist, Sue Jinn.


Mr. Hong. My ex-coach.


Marcus.


Mr. Chan. My gym coach & the biggest bully. =p

Thanks to everyone who supported my team and gave their wishes. You lifted our spirits up. And a very big thanks to those who comforted me when I was down and disappointed. You guys lifted my spirits up. Time's running out. I'll post again someday. I still have some pictures with Gwen. I want to soon. *demands*

Till more tears, joy, new-found friendships, mishaps, hugs and the deep passion.
Toodles.


No comments: