Sunday 21 February 2010

Further To Fall.


I can't believe today's the last day of our one-week-break.
It has been one hell of a week for me, to think of it.

Especially yesterday.
Yesterday was an adrenaline pumped, nerve sky-rocketing, anxious waiting, letdown and a little disappointing day.

The girls and I had a performance at some carnival called 'WOW Carnival' yesterday night at Putrajaya.
It was totally crazy!!
How should I begin?

Let's see...
They decided to use last year's competition routine for the performance.
Since I didn't join last year, I was completely clueless.
Which leads to total blankness in my head.
The girls took like 4 months plus to learn and perfect the whole routine and I had only 10 hours plus to learn and execute the routine yesterday.
Total madness.

We had like a 30 minute last-minute practice in school before we headed to Cindel's house to change and dashed off to Putrajaya in two separate cars ferrying 13 girls.
For the first time, we actually saw crowds of people on the streets at night.
That place is nearly deserted at night. Trust me, you can actually count the numbers of cars that past by you with just a hand.

So, we arrived around 7 pm plus. And had no where to park.
All the parkings were jam-packed, the nearest one which wasn't full was just after the bridge.
Which meant we had a really long distance to walk.
Thank goodness the other car with the girls did some illegal turning and parked near the stage where we were performing, which lead the car I was in to do the same thing.

We were given a tent backstage.
It had a fan, lights, a mirror and some transportable air-conditioning device.
Since our performance was around 10 plus, we had like around 3 hours.
Once we settled down, we went onstage to practice the full routine.
We did it twice.
The first time, I forgot one of my stunts.
By the second time, we were nearly knackered.
It was a 4 to 5 minute full routine with dance, stunts, jumps and tumbling. Mostly stunts.
The organizers actually requested for 6 minutes. Mad.
Some of us were sick, and nearly half of us, I guess you could say were sleep-deprived.
After that, we returned to our tent and found out that the lights were turned on but the fan wasn't.

This is where the ironic part came.
We got some guy working backstage to check it out and fix it.
Guess what, the fan started turning and the lights stopped shining.
How cool is that?
When we headed to the next tent for dinner, both the fan and lights stopped functioning.
Totally sublime. *being sarcastic*

I think I'll skip to the part where we finally got on-stage.
The music was really full-on blasted.
Halfway dancing, I suddenly realized that there were people on the stage itself.
I knew the instrumental guys were there standing at the back.
But what I didn't know that the back-up singers were there as well.
Standing at the side, staring at us.
I was so surprised when I turned to the side and caught a woman gaping at me while dancing that I nearly stopped doing what I was doing.
I lost track of the counting for the third dance so I can truthfully admit that I messed it up.
Though, thank God, all the stunts went well especially my group's basket-toss and the finale.

Everything was over in a flash.
It felt surreal.
All of us were sweating madly with the spot-lights shining on us, the smoke machine and the adrenaline pumping.
I wished I could do it all over again.

This was my third performance at Putrajaya, itself.
So I guess you could say it went well considering the circumstances.
I wished I did better but it's already over so I should just concentrate on training and give my best during the next.

We headed back home after a while after some group pictures and goodbyes.
It was 11pm by then.

In the car, I discovered a revelation.
Michele doesn't need drugs or alcohol to get her high.
All she need is hair spray.
Even without the ice cream soda which she claims gets her high.
She still gets high.
All thanks to hair spray on her hair.

Back home, I spent a rather long time in the toilet washing off tons of hair spray on my hair and wiping the shiny make-up off.
Which got me realizing, I never wear make-up unless it's during performances or competitions.
Huh.
I do like all the shiny stuff though. *inside joke*

Oh, and if you're wondering where the pictures are, they're probably being speculated around Facebook.
I did not bring my camera.
And if you happen to see me, you'll know that I look like some emoish-greenish-girl.
The reason why?
Apparently I'm too fair or what they call 'white'.

I slept at 2am yesterday and woke up at an unearthly 10am today.
With a sore body and bruised hands. *groans*

This post is long enough.
Makes up for my lack of posting during the short break.
I'll end it here.

There's less than a month left.
Some might know what I'm referring to.
I don't want to make a big deal out of it.
But the thought of it is scary.
Plain fear.
I don't even know the exact reason why.
But I'll face it.

No comments: