Tuesday 16 February 2010

Saying Goodbye.


Last Friday was Farah's last day in SBS.

I'm sure you all know her.

We all have our own multiple nicknames for her.

The girl who's fueled with enthusiasm,
A little bouncy. Okay, scratch that.
Very bouncy. Hyperactive girl.
Always chatting and smiling on and on...

But don't be fooled.
One wrong step, and the volcano erupts.
However, she's not one to get mad easily.
She's in fact, a very patient person.

She's one that is full of ideas.
Wonder how that mind of hers think?
It's always great to have her alongside during group projects. *winks mischievously*
Don't let her smile and hyperness fool you.
She's one brilliant girl.
Scoring as many A's as you wished you had.

Oh, and who can forget her fascination towards killer stiletto heels?

We both known each other since 7 years old, back when there were only 2 classes and it was an all-girl school.
That's roughly 9 years!!

We weren't really close back then.
But as years past, time brought us together.
Our friendship blossomed.
We confided in one other when in need.
Not often, but when we do, it always felt like a heavy burden had been lifted from our shoulders.

There are so many adjectives that I could use to describe her.
But I'm overwhelmed.
The truth hasn't really sunk in yet.
In my head, it hasn't perceive that she's left.
I'm sure that I'm going to ask someone during break, "Where's Farah?"

One thing I'm sure of, she's one special girl whom no one can replace.
And I'm definitely going to miss her.
The optimist who's able to see the light even in the darkest of night.
Her laughter, her smile, her hyperness.
And of course, stealing her food during recess. *sticks tongue out*

When she told me that she applied for MRSM, I nonchalantly told her to do her best.
Little did I know that she would be accepted.
She keep insisting that she wouldn't be.
But everyone around her including me, knew she would.
As hard as it was to admit, I knew she would.
Saying it out loud makes it so real.
But it's the truth.
She got accepted into one of the top ones in Malaysia.

I'm proud and ecstatic for her.
But I'm also sad that she has to leave us.
Saying goodbye is never easy.
Especially when it's to someone who has left multiple footprints in your heart.

I could probably go on and on.
But I know its time to stop.
It's time to bade farewell to her.
And pray the best for her.
I know she'll do well.
She always does.

And I want her to know,
That she's a special friend of mine,
One that I cherish,
And one that I will dearly miss in her absence.


Love,
Me,
the one you fondly call Xiao.

No comments: