Wednesday 26 December 2007

It's CHRISTMAS!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

It's Christmas. I mean a day after it.
Christmas was kinda of a bore to me since I was stuck at home till dinn
ertime doing spring cleaning. Think of that. Spring cleaning on Christmas day.
Went out to watch a movie with my brother and came home around midnight.
Slept at 2am doing my own stuff. Woke up around 11 today. That's considered early compared to some of you. *grins widely*


Christmas Eve


This was an absolute blast. Woke up, mope around the house for a long while and watched the television. When I went online, chatted with Christie for a while and I went to sleep. Around 4pm, mum rushed into the room saying we were late. I was still in a daze then and finally realized what she meant. We went to visit Ms. Arnold. She knew my family before I was even born. She's around 80 years old now and is still teaching primary kids. She stopped teaching secondary school pupils. *sniffles* I really liked her. Anyways, visited her and she still looked the same. She gave lots of good advise, talked with my mother while my sister and I sat there. I was forced to drink Soya Milk cause mum couldn't drink cold drinks and sister was sick so I had to drink it to be polite. This is the last time I'm going to drink anything that has Soya in it. ughh.. I felt sick all the way back. The best part was going to church for the Christmas party and countdown.

I reached church at 6pm and thought that I would be late. Vicki called and asked me to go by myself without her since she was still last minute shopping and would be a little late. I went straight to Sanctuary of Praise and found no one there so I went to Solomon Hall and found Aaron. Alone. All by himself. He was playing bass. Both of us were shocked to see one another. I asked him where were the others and he's answer was not here. He stopped playing and asked me to teach him the guitar. Then the boys came. Aaron was trying to make Navian jealous and asked me to play along. Vicki came in and we exchanged gifts. I just give a vague summary of the activities I did in church. Not the full thing. If you read Vicki's blog, you pretty much know the whole thing. Vicki and I mingled around in Solomon Hall and called Jeff and Yu Kit. Yu Kit said he could come one minute and in the next minute he said he couldn't. So we made frantic calls. In the end, Tiong Chin and Yu Kit came.

We were late for prayer and just went in to Sanctuary of Praise. After prayer, we had a final briefing. Vicki and I were usherers. So we went to find Pauline and asked her what to do. Since we were helping out, we got to eat first. Did my job and lost Vicki. We got parted for a brief moment. Around 9.15am, we went up to Sanctuary of Praise and and rested for a while. After that, all the guests were allowed to go in and the usherers made a sort-of-like tunnel for them to get in. Some of the guests were afraid to get in credits to us and tried to squeeze through the gaps. *laughs involuntarily*

We abandoned Tiong Chin and Yu Kit. What fine hosts Vicki and I make. We couldn't help it. We were in the choir. The programme started with the opening dance, then "Salt Power" which was singing, followed by a video clip and the drama. The choir and drama were involved in this. Everything went out well. The drama came out, did their thing, the same thing for the choir. Halfway through the party or service, Micheal called all the youths from the English Congregation to help clean up Solomon Hall. Vicki and I and a few other people help to set up the hall the other day and now we've cleaning it up and arranging the chairs for next day's service. Vicki's candy cane brook so she demanded why and asked for some glue. Smart of her, ain't it?

After finishing, we went to the fourth floor to watch. It had a pretty good view of everything. Vicki was in the room with Navian while I was somewhere out with the other guys. Everything went on till it was countdown time. Balloons streamed down and everyone screamed and shouted. Vicki and I rushed back down. We wished everyone Merry Christmas. Balloons were everywhere and it was burst by people. Everyone loves balloons. *smiles* Tiong Chin kept bursting it in my ears with the help of Yu Kit. We had photo taking after that. That was hilarious. The boys carried Michael. If you saw it, you'll burst our laughing. Then a guy, I forgot what was his name, carried Seng all by himself. We cleaned up the hall for the Cantonese service later in the morning. Greeted everyone I knew. Talked, hanged around and finally it was time to go home. It was past 1 am.

I slept over at Vicki's house. Ate KFC as supper and went to bed. But we did not sleep. We ended up talking to around 5am I guess. The next day was Christmas.

I received lots of text from my friends and family. That made me really delighted. I had the most fun-est Christmas Eve compared to my thirteen years on earth. I don't think I'll ever forget it. I hope the next Christmas eve will be as fun too. *cross my fingers and pray hard*

p.s I got a pretty necklace from Vicki. The pendant was a cross. I got a snow globe from Navian. And I'm still waiting for my present from Aaron.He owes me and Vicki one. *sticks tongue out*

Till more candy canes, gospel music, dear friends, santa clause, snow globes and presents.













No comments: