Thursday 29 November 2007

Cave and hot spring.

I can't believe I actually woke up late yesterday. I was suppose to wake at 6am or 6.30am the latest and ended up waking up at 7.00am. I got too stubborn and refused to sleep early the day earlier. Panicked like anything on that day and was rushing around the house like a madman. Finally caught my breath in the car and started to get a little nervous. I was all on my own starting then. Reached the centre and gathered at the hall. Everywhere were little kids sprawled around. A teacher came up to me and asked my name after I stood standing in the middle of the hallway for who knows how many minutes. I sat there watching the television while having a glimpse at the kids. Got my shirt, changed and departed on the bus.

The journey to Gua Tempurung took around 3 hours. Watched movies in the bus, read my book[I had to bring one] and slept for a little while and enjoyed the scenery as got closer to the caves. I loved the scenery that I saw. The lush greenery… The trees growing at different heights… It was all ME. Blue skies, green trees. That’s the way it should be. Not the overpopulated city, congested roads, black fumes rising into the air, the increase of pollution… It’s going overboard. Anyway, back to the topic.

We finally reached after the caves. It was magnificent. While I stood near the caves while the tour guide was buying tickets for us, I saw the most amazing thing. The sun was shining overhead some trees, casting it’s rays on a tree. It was like magic. I wish I had brought a camera. The way the tree parted into two as part of it was ‘shining’ and the other part reflected it’s inner beauty. If I actually brought a camera, I could have see it over and over again but it’s still fresh in my memory and forever will be. After getting the so-called-ticket which was actually a sticker, we went into the caves. All the way we hiked up the stairs. There were two ways. One lasts an hour or so by using the staircase. The other lasts four hours or but you have to wade through the water. I wish we could wade through the water even if it takes that long but there were little kids and they weren’t allowed to. The caves were filled with stalactite, stalagmites, limestone and marble stone. The limestone were in shape the shapes of a pair of eyes, a horse, a jellyfish, seahorse, a pair of hands, a pair of legs, an elephant, a cat, a cow and many others. They were all natural. It amazed me. Without your imagination, you couldn’t see them. On the way up, this little kid Ahmat was so scared that he kept grabbing my hand cause the other guy Cheurn Sun or something kept scaring and taunting him. Everytime I was about to let go of his hand, he’ll pull my hand and not let go.I After going up and down and up and down the stairs. we went out of the cave.

A picture of the caves. Got it from the net.

There was something missing from the caves. Without it, the cave felt empty, sort of hollow. There were no wildlife in the cave because they can’t adapt to the light. People are allowed to bring their camera’s into the caves and obviously they had to use flash and the tour guide brought his own torchlight in the cave. The animas can’t live in the caves anymore since they need the dark and can’t adapt to the light. I wish there were wild life I wish the cave wasn’t vandalized. I wish people knew how to appreciate it more. I wish…

We had lunch somewhere in Ipoh. Ahmat sat next to me. Cheeky little kid. Kept making faces at me but for an eight-year-old he can definitely eat a lot. Mind you, he’s very small sized. He just kept stuffing everything into his mouth and ate non-stop. Trust me, you won’t want to see him eat. He gobbles everything in put in front of him.

After lunch, we went to Sg. Klah hot spring. The journey from the restaurant to the hot spring took about an hour and a half. Just as we arrived at the hot spring’s, Ahmat vomited, pity him. That little kid was already down with the flu and guess he got car-sick or bus-sick and vomited due to his consumption of the amount of food he ate. Then we went to the hot springs. We went to the egg boiling thing first. Put the egg in the water for several minutes and ta-da, out comes a boiled egg. I didn’t bring any clothes to change so I just soaked my legs. The little kids changed into their swimsuits while a few just jumped in with their clothes. Water splashed everywhere as the kids jumped in and splashed water at one another. After 15 minutes or so, a few of the kids were flushing red. The kids changed into their clothes and then we went back. A kid forget to bring his pants and he had no pants to wear, just a shirt and his undergarments. He was so embarrassed. I guess a kid lent him his pants after that since he was wearing one when we went back to the centre. The journey back took 3 hours. Slept in the bus and finished the book.

A picture of the egg-boiling in the hot springs. Got it from the net too.

Since I followed my aunt back, I waited till 7 something and then we went to Pavilion to eat. By the time I went back home, it was already 10.30. Watched television for a while, took my bath and continued watching. It was some ninja show. Slept at 12. It was exciting going to new places, gaining experience, being on my own, figuring out life and stuff…

I won't mind going back again.

No comments: